The next generation of the first ski of its kind to excel on both powder and ice is here. The all mountain M5 Mantra Ski from Volkl has been updated with a new way of arranging the metal layers in the frame for a lighter weight, more responsive ski that adds liveliness and energy to your turns. Take it down icy slopes, fresh powder runs, or carve corduroy on a blue bird day with amazing performance.
Volkl has been on a path for several years now to create the lightest, most high performance ski possible. In the M5 this is achieved through its wood core, Titanal frame, and ice.off topsheet. These three technologies combined provide you with improved handling, control, reduced fatigue, and a livelier, playful feel in the ski. Its 96mm waist can handle surprise powder stashes and provides stability on groomers while the tip and tail rocker keeps the ski easy to maneuver. For maximum speed when you’re laying railroad tracks in corduroy on the first few runs of the day, the high quality sintered base delivers excellent gliding characteristics so you can enjoy the send.
- Do it all freeride ski for riders who love to carve and slash
- 96mm waist is quick edge to edge and versatile enough for daily use
- Blend of rocker and camber handles off piste terrain, holds an edge
- Shorter turn radius encourages powerful tight turns, boosts control
- Carbon.Tip cuts down on weight, boosts liveliness and response
- Titanal frame is powerful, damp, and responsive for hard charging
- Multilayer wood core ensures durability while enhancing feel
- High quality sintered base easily skips across flat spots